What in the world is HTML?
HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is the primary language used for the development of web pages and web apps on the internet. It uses concepts like tags and attributes for describing various content types in a webpage like paragraphs, titles, headings, images, video, audio, etc,…
HTML is part of the triad of languages used for developing modern websites and web pages. The three languages are:
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language): The markup language used for describing webpage content.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): The styling language used for changing the appearance of web pages constructed using HTML.
Prerequisites for this tutorial
- No previous experience with developing web pages is required.
- Experience with browsing websites on the internet will be helpful.
- Experience with opening and working with files like Word Documents and text files will be helpful.