Synfig Studio is a free and open source 2D animation software. It specializes in the tweening process. In this process, we can reduce the number of frames to be created to only keyframes. Synfig Studio can import images from other programs and can export the animation as video or sequence of images.
You can download Synfig from the following link:
Instructions for Installation
- You can open the link above or Open a browser and search for Synfig Studio in Google or any other search engine.
- Click the first link in the search results.
- Click the download button.
- Click on the stable version.
- You can enter a price that you consider fair for the software. If you don’t want to pay, enter the amount 0.
- Click on “Get Synfig”.
- You can provide your email address in the textbox.
- If you want you can opt-in for email notifications by clicking the checkbox.
- Click on continue to receive the link in your email.
- If you want to download anonymously you can click on the private link to GitHub.
- On the top of the page, you can find developer releases that have the latest untested features.
- If you want a stable version of Synfig then you have to scroll down to the bottom.
- Choose the version that matches your OS.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Once the downloading is complete, click on the file to start installing.
- Click Yes when the UAC panel asks for permission.
- Click I Agree to accept the terms of the license.
- You can change your install settings in the next window.
- Once you are done click Next.
- You can choose the path where you want the install to be stored.
- Select your desired folder and click Ok.
- Click Install and wait for the process to be completed.
- Click close once the installation is complete.
- Usually, a desktop icon is added. If not you can search for Synfig from the taskbar.
- You can pin the software for easy access.
- Just right-click on the Synfig icon in the taskbar and select "Pin to taskbar".