Visual Studio Code is a free and open source text editor from Microsoft. It is an advanced code editor which has features like extensions and syntax highlighting. It is a good choice for software and web development.
You can download VS Code from the following link:
Instructions for installation
- Use the above link or search for "download Visual Studio code editor" in Google or any other search engine.(Make sure you are connected to the Internet)
- Open the download page.
- Click the download button.(It should be the largest button in the page)
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Click on the downloaded file to start the Installation.
- Wait for the installation to be complete.
- A new VS Code window should appear automatically.
- If the window doesn’t open automatically search for "Visual Studio Code" in the taskbar.
- Once the window appears, you can pin the software to your taskbar by right clicking on the icon and selecting the pin to taskbar option.